Monday, December 27, 2010

the next three sixty-five.

here comes the next year. ready or not.
in my attempt to be more ready than not, i thought i'd share some of my goals.
writing them out, putting them in front of more than just myself, will hopefully motivate completion.
crossing my fingers on that one.
ok, enough of that. it makes typing a tad bit more complex.

goals. (i have decided to just share my individual music goals since i have lots of goals for the different portions of my life):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
solo music goals--

album//
write, write, and write some 'mo.
as mentioned, i'm writing for my first full-length album.
i want 10-12 songs on it.
i currently have 5.
i'm weighing the possibility of reworking a couple of my older songs that were never recorded.
just a thought, not sure though.
i have the place i'm recording semi-solidified.
it's a studio in asheville, nc.
before i decide to record all of my songs there, i'm planning on going up there to record a few of them and see how they turn out.
end of january/beginning of february is the target for these recordings.
oh, &...
this album will also include an EP of some of the worship songs i've written.
it'll be an acoustic 3-song, live studio recording of them.
super chill, super easy, and hopefully a wonderful time with Jesus.

spring 2011 is my hope to have the whole thing done & ready to share with you.

be looking out for "Lady Wisdom" (the full-length) & "War Ship [EP]" (the worship EP) coming soon! :)


instrumentation//
so i play an acoustic guitar and sing diddys.
whoop.
not really.
i want to expand the instruments i play and write with.
i know the technical aspects of the keyboard, but not well enough to play and write fluidly.
i guess other than trying to teach myself, i'm going to look into getting lessons.
i just really want them to be practical and easily applicable. (let me know if you know anyone good)
my hope is that it will open a new type of writing for me.
the xylophone is splendid.
i want to be able to experiment some with that too.
the ukulele would also be a good addition.
so before i get overzealous, i'm settling on: the keys, the xylo, & the uke.

lastly, i have this wonderful boss loop pedal that i haven't used.
the culprit: the unfortunate fact that i don't know how.
i want to start practicing with it & be able to implement it in live performances. (mostly for vocal looping/harmonizing purposes)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

okee dokee.
that's all for now.
let's get 'er done!
(if you have any input on any of these, i'd graciously welcome it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment